Call for testers
In time with Haiku's first alpha release I'm looking for people willing to put some time into testing the WLAN-Stack. So, if you are interested read on...
First of all: Only cards are supported at the moment. So most netbooks are covered by that. A comprehensive list of supported devices is maintained by the FreeBSD project: http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base/stable/8/share/man/man4/ath_hal.4?view=markup
What to expect of the WLAN-Stack:
- auto connect to an unsecured (open) WLAN
- wlan device will appear as an ethernet card
- full support of Haiku's network configuration utilities (Network preflet, ifconfig)
- no WLAN specific configuration utility (neither GUI, nor CLI)
- no listing of available WLANs
For more information visit the haiku-wifi wiki.